QR code is two-dimensional matrix barcode readable by QR barcode readers and camera phones. This code consists of black modules arranged in a square pattern on a white background. The information encoded can be text, URL or other data.
QR Codes were developed by a Toyota subsidiary in 1994 to track car parts., the QR code is one of the most popular types of 2D barcodes. QR stand for Quick Response, as the creator intended the code to allow its contents to be decoded at high speed. The technology has already seen in Japan and South Korea.
QR code working
- Create QR Codes for your website URL (any arbitrary protocols are supported as well)
- Encode phone numbers or even SMS messages in QR Codes
- If none of previous suits your needs simply paste custom text or data and create custom QR Code
- Resulting QR Code can be saved in your Photo Album for later reuse and sharing
- If you need contact sharing using vCard format QR Code scanner and reader able to import vCards to your Address Book.
To read and interpret a QR Code, you’ll need an app for your iPhone. The app connects to the camera, scans the bar code, then takes the prescribed action. Smart phone will decode the image and it will automatically bring you to the promotional websites.
QR code is not limited to encode URL. You can encode any form of international letters. QR code also lets you store other types of information.